Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
MarkyM
Contributing MemberPosts: 862Gear list
Like?
Re: Some G15 High ISO Indoor Shots
In reply to Marcos Pinto, Dec 20, 2012

Marcos Pinto wrote:

MarkyM,

I happen to own a ZS3 as well and I've been planning to get a better small camera to complement my (aging but still great) D90. Do you feel it's been a great improvement ? Have you noticed it only in low-light pictures or in good lightning as well ? How do they compare in terms of size ? Unfortunately I haven't been able to handle a G15 yet, and the G12 is certainly too big for my taste.

Thanks a lot for your feedback ! And great shots ...

Hi Marcos,

Thanks!

I haven't been able to test the G15 in good light yet so I'm not sure, but it should be at least as good.

I shouldn't miss the longer zoom too much and am willing to trade that for f2.8 at 140, although the wide-end of the zoom on the ZS3 was a bit wider and really nice. Still, 28mm isn't bad.

The G15 is taller and a little thicker than the ZS3 so I had to get a new case for it. I had a Tamron Digital 1 for the ZS3 and have ordered the Tamron 5689 for the G15.

-- hide signature --

Mark--

MarkyM's gear list:MarkyM's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow