Mikeywcu
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's getting the Oly 17/1.8?
In reply to Kevdog, Dec 20, 2012

Kevdog wrote:

Mikeywcu wrote:

george4908 wrote:

I will probably get it, as it slots nicely between the 12 and the 45, the last gap in my toolkit. But damn, I wish I lived within a hundred miles of a camera shop that stocked Olympus and Panasonic lenses so I could compare various offerings in the flesh.

I've been vacillating between the 17mm and the PL 25 1.4. I emailed Steve Huff tonight, who raved about the 25mm, surprisingly he said he'd get the Oly "hands down." I think i'll order one tomorrow.

Make sure you try out the focal length before you make a decision. Set your zoom to that focal length and shoot for a while.

I have the 25mm and it is a great lens, with great build quality, awesome aperture and great color rendering that rarely makes it onto my camera. For me 25mm is too close. I need the 17 instead. I'm pondering selling my 25mm to pick up the 17mm as then I'll probably use it more (even if the 25mm has better IQ).

Sold all of my zooms :(. I took a chance and ordered the 17mm. I've heard nothing but praise for the 25mm, but I think the 17mm will be much more versatile. It's on pre-order at B&H (who is selling it for $479, and now I'm so excited I can't stand it. Not sure if I'm more excited for Christmas or for this lens to arrive...

Mikeywcu's gear list:Mikeywcu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow