Senior MemberPosts: 1,220
Like?
Re: How would you light this kitchen?
In reply to Barrie Davis, Dec 20, 2012

Barrie Davis wrote:

Fave Photog wrote:

Peano wrote:

Fave Photog wrote:

To each his own, but these would be very low on my list as examples of proper lighting. Just saying. Keep practicing! *Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!*

I agree. White balance hosed up by mixed lighting, shadowy areas, etc.

A most excellent 'quick fix' on this image considering how disastrously it was lit and the tiny .jpg that you had to work with. Your corrected image invites the viewer into the kitchen and makes him/her feel happy to be there and not depressed, as with the original. A more involved fix would have removed those horrendous elongated, double shadows around the drawer knobs that are created by Mr. Davis' patented "Skim Lighting" technique.

Sadly, though, both this image and the other one suffer from a severe loss of contrast as a result of veiling flare caused by the light pouring through the window and most likely from the improper use of strobes. I'm sure, however, that the use of a 5MP, consumer digi-cam with built-in zoom lens didn't help any. One wonders why a self-proclaimed, pro photographer of interiors would use such a camera instead of, say, a 4x5 film body and pro lens.

Youn don't really know a lot about photography, do you?

Can you do anything besides make unfounded claims in a childish attempt to diminish those who find rightful fault with your image(s)? Let's put it this way, Barrie, I know what a poorly lit and technically weak image looks like, and both of the ones you submitted in this thread are prime examples of such.

I don't need to weigh 350 lbs. to know what an obese person looks like. Stop being so overly sensitive to constructive criticism and use it to try and improve your knowledge and skills.

-- hide signature --

The Five 'Ps' of Photography:
*Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!*

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow