The Magic of the RX1

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hughesnet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,024Gear list
Like?
Re: The Magic of the RX1
In reply to Richard Spangler, Dec 20, 2012

Richard Spangler wrote:

People tend to perceive people with a DSLR as a pro. Ever time I take my D800 out I get the question asked and people always hand me their PS camera to take a picture of them. Ill admit sometimes you feel a little swagger when you have a huge DSLR and other times it can be annyoing socially and just lugging it around. Sometime the attention is good and sometimes its not. With the RX1 you can achieve results of the best PRO DSLRs albeit fixed lens and slower AF. If you go into a place that where you feel uncomfortably carrying a huge DSLR you can easily put the RX1 in your coat pocket or man purse and whip it out without attracting too much attention and thanks to the high ISO you don't often need the flash. I can only imagine what the future is in store with these FF compacts. Faster AF, Frame rates, Interchangeable lenses, EVFs. The RX1 is just the beginning.

And with the ever increasing number of places you can not take your DSLR but you can take a compact camera...Suddenly best just got better.

Hughesnet's gear list:Hughesnet's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow