Anyone returning their RX-1?

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
mgatov
Senior MemberPosts: 1,034Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone returning their RX-1?
In reply to Moti, Dec 20, 2012

Moti,

I cancelled my original order, but when I saw what this camera could do, I ended up getting it.  Yeah, the price is high, and I'm going to have to make sacrifices to recover from the purchase.  But... photography is my main hobby, this camera gives me capabilities I didn't have with my other equipment, and basically allows me to meet any situation.  For good light, I am very happy with my NEX7 system.  For good light / long zoom ranges, the FZ200 meets the needs.  The RX1 lets me go indoors and discretely take challenging shots that would look bad with other systems.  It really is an 'existing light' wonder.  Also, using the clear-zoom gives me a usable 50mm option.  So... if I'm in a museum or wanting to do some flower pictures, or just out at a restaurant, this camera lets me unobtrusively capture the moment.  Schlepping along a D600 would tend to spoil the moment. The only camera in my collection that the RX1 threatens is the RX100, but I may still keep that one because it is so much smaller.

mgatov's gear list:mgatov's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow.New
NopeNew
Yep.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow