Get 17mm F/1.8 or sell my whole OM-D kit?

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Torq
Regular MemberPosts: 132Gear list
Like?
Re: Quick question for Torq
In reply to Brian Mosley, Dec 20, 2012

Finally (excuse the ramble) in making my decision against the X-E1, I considered poor raw support for the Fuji sensor a significant negative... I suffered with the Sigma DP1 in that regard previously. How do you find the Fuji for post processing? Does raw support bother you at all?

I wouldn't say it bothers me.  I would like it to be better.

In general though I get great results straight out of the camera, and the few times I've "needed" to do more than crop an image I've not run into issues with ACRs conversions.  A couple of those images I certainly would have expected to excite the issues that are commonly cited, but not so far.

Even though I always shoot RAW (+JPEG) the X-Pro 1 is one of only two cameras I own where I'm generally happy with the OOC images.  So for now it just means a different workflow for the Fuji (keeping the RAWs but only using them if needed).

Torq's gear list:Torq's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX35 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Leica M9-P +29 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow