E5 / OM-D hybrid coming end 2013

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Forum ProPosts: 26,483Gear list
E5 / OM-D hybrid coming end 2013
Dec 20, 2012

Sorry if this has been said, I did look, but maybe I missed it.
An interview with an Olympus heavy has revealed that an MFT/FT hybrid is coming.
You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise this is going to be a fat big grip OM-D with a sensor with on chip PDAF.
It was needed.
And yah boo sucks to the people who insisted Oly did not need to do any such thing.
This will give Eva a decision to make: flog her FT lenses (which will be worth money again) and go MFT, or buy it and keep them?  Her E3 is looking very old now. 
Since we have a GH2 going spare, and Eva does not do sports, plus I've made some lens choices I would now like to unmake, I'll be pushing for her the sell the FT gear.
GH2 plus Panny 7-14 (we will have to buy another) plus 14-45 (currently unused) plus 45mm f2.8 (I'd prefer the Oly 60 instead, so I'd be pleased to give her that), plus 100-300 (I have that and the 75 f1.8 is more my style for a tele) would be a good system for her.  And she should end up with money in the bank (she has the Oly 7-14, 35 macro, 50 macro, the superb 12-60, 50-300, extension tube and 1.4 converter, olus the E3 and grip)

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/acam http://thegentlemansnapper.blogspot.com

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow