Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steerpike
Forum MemberPosts: 87
Like?
LX7 first impressions
Dec 20, 2012

I've just upgraded to the LX7; I have had the LX2, LX3, LX5 and loved all of them.

Overall, it's a worthwhile upgrade to get the faster lens and better processing engine.  The only two issues I have so far are:

1) the lens cap ... I hate it!  I used to be able to replace the cap quickly and easily on the older models, but on this model, it's a fiddly process and I've ended up sliding my finger across the lens once. I will have to keep trying ...

2) Average white balance with flash.  The white balance is way off when using flash (AWB setting). I haven't had the time to experiment fully, but it looks like the corrections are just way off.  I know I can set WB, and I can shoot raw ... but I'm wondering if others have noticed this issue?  Never been an issue with any prior model.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow