Can I use Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens with T4i/650D???

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Questions thread
paparios
Regular MemberPosts: 428Gear list
Like?
Re: Can I use Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens with T4i/650D???
In reply to SMSab, Dec 20, 2012

SMSab wrote:

paparios wrote:

Well, it was my fault, as I (for the first 10 to 20 seconds) was walking to a location where I could film without interfering the vision of people who were seated behind me.

Regarding other recordings, I have some but taken with a Sigma 150-500 OS lens, where either I use a monopod or a tripod.

Miguel

Thanks Miguel, I appreciate your reply. To be honest a few have recommeded that I should stick with 50mm lens and it sounds justified. The Kit Lens that comes iwth T4i is suppose to be better then the usual kit lenses but then as a newbie I really dont know much about such stuff though really want to get something that can help me to explore the depth of DSLR Film Making without feeling limited in first year or two. I know that DSLR GAME got a few pillars and one is the variation of Lenses so to play I need to kept on investing

It will be awesome if you can share some videos of Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens shot in both day light and low light.

Thanks.

Well, I have uploaded to Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/56017126) a video using my 7D with my Sigma 150-500 lens. I shot this video using a tripod. For the first 20 seconds the tripod head was loose, so my hand was in charge of pointing the lens (at 500mm) towards the dove and the jerkiness is clearly showing. Later I fixed the head and the result is clearly better. Summing up, if you want to use video you have to try it in several situations and see what works better for your type of shooting. I will upload later another video taken with the 100L.

Miguel

paparios's gear list:paparios's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow