D600 at 6606 Shutter Count

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rotorbug
Contributing MemberPosts: 695
Like?
Re: D600 at 6606 Shutter Count
In reply to Nikonfan99, Dec 20, 2012

I have taken about 200 photos with my D600.

Just got my 24-120 F4 lens this morning and I noticed that the dust increased after using the lens for a while. Previous lens was just my 50mm 1.8G.

The zoom action acts as an air pump, forcing dust around.

Well, I first gave the sensor a good blow with my Rocket Blower, then a clean with my Sensor Swipe static brush (Manual version). All the dust is off at F22 and with Auto levels on a white back ground.

I have cleaned over 900 sensors as a business, so I am in a good position to comment re the whole dust issue.

The higher the pixel count, the more of a perceived dust issue you will have. Add in full frame and you have a dust magnet. Yes, The D600 might have a design issue that is causing more dust to sit on the sensor, either from the airflow within the sensor chamber or from wear and tear of a component within the shutter/mirror mechanism (Dropping fragments or oil).

Full frame cameras are very difficult to get 100% clean. You need to accept that before you go the full frame route.

Also, unless you owned a D800 or D3X, you have nothing to compare the dust issue to. You more than likely are coming from a D300, D7000, or D700, and will naturally see more dust.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow