GF5 v GX1 high ISO? Locked

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,021Gear list
Re: harping versus peer review ...
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Dec 20, 2012

1) the tests of the 12-50 reveal that it is not a good performer, especially at the edges. You focussed on the edges. Tests specifically state that 12-35mm gets excellent sharpness also at the edges of the ffram when stopped down to f4 anf f5.6. And in no way is the 12-50 equalling that performance. But that is your way of arguiing: you throw in blanket statements, tests that are not comparable because of different and very importantvariabels while you are hypercritical towards others.

The reason the red car is not as sharp has nothing to do with the 12-50 mm being harper at the edge than the 12-35. Show me one test that reveals that. it is the other way around. It is clearly the noise affecting the reds blurring detail away. It is a showcase of the Sony sensor being better in that department.

2) Noise, where you were looking for is clear in all pictures of G5: it is more visible and many people including me will say it is about 1/2 to a full stop depending on the ISO range.

In your constant arguments where people talk about IQ, you constantly refer to "your test. People are talking about IQ, not just noise performance yet you insist, based on your tests, hat it ain't there. Now it seems you are only talking about noise and not colour, tonality, DR and colour depth which are all important for the final result. Did I mention that the lens used is important too?

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow