Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Moogles
Regular MemberPosts: 159
Like?
A new Canon 50mm f/1.2 L?
Dec 20, 2012

I own a 5D2, a 16-35mm f/2.8 L II and a 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II. My wife has the NEX 6 with its kit lens, 16-50mm f/3.5 - f/5.6.

Initially, I had plan to ditch all my DSLR gear for mirrorless but photos from the NEX 6 was below satisfactory. The results from NEX 6 is OK, nothing fantastic. So, I hold off the thought and decided to keep my DSLR gear.

I am not a fan of rumors but when Canonrumors.com posted something about the new 24-70mm f/2.8 L II, Canon really made one. Now, the new rumors is that Canon will be creating a new 50mm f/1.2 L. Source: http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/12/patent-a-new-canon-ef-50-f1-2-suggestion-of-a-full-frame-mirrorless/

I am wondering if now's a good time to get the current 50mm f/1.2 L famous for back-focusing and some said it's not, or should I wait. I am not in a hurry but I'm thinking of selling my Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 L II to fund for a 50mm f/1.2 L. What's your advice?

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow