BH Photo return policy- only 200 shutter clicks max for returns

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,122Gear list
Like?
Re: 200 Clicks Plenty For Testing, Any More And...
In reply to henryp, Dec 20, 2012

henryp wrote:

Gosman wrote:

I'd rather deal with B&H than Nikon!

Thanks, I think. It seems to me others here have discussed the 200 shutter count at least as well as i could and I appreciate everyone who contributed to this thread. Thank you.

I do believe 200 shots is adequate to decide whether or not you want to keep a camera and will allow a variety of shooting modes and situations with several lenses. The point is not to be able to write a multi-chapter comprehensive product review but to test the camera sufficiently to decide whether or not to keep it. YMMV of course.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

I think that somewhere point should be made to deter frivolous, uneducated and undecided buyers from practice of buying, comparing and returning multiple cameras. After all, if several people put even 200 clicks on the same unit, how this cam can be resold as new over and over again? Why the rest of us should pay the premium for such immature behavior? There must be an expense somewhere to cover allowing this (it seems common) practice to go on?

Every time I read the posts bragging about picking and choosing gear by using ultra liberal return policies, I feel infuriated.

I guess the only reasonable tactic would be to apply stiff restocking charges or credits, just like brick and mortar stores often do if there is nothing wrong with the gear. The only really fair option for the buyer should be to resell the "rejected" gear on their own  on "for sale" forums. Loses resulted from such sales should be the seller's responsibility.

Just my 2 cents

Richard

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow