Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kodachrome200
Contributing MemberPosts: 757Gear list
Like?
Re: Framing a 20 x 30" print.
In reply to davemsc, Dec 20, 2012

davemsc wrote:

Hey all,

Looking for some help here. I have a 20 x 30 inch print that I want to frame. I bought a 20X30 inch frame and the local framing place told me the best option is to dry mount it. I know nothing about this so I said sure. They put a nice crease right through the print....

They said they would redo it for me at no extra charge and will reimburse me the cost of a new print (the pic is mine, so it is easy to get reprinted). However I am leery now of the same thing happening.

Would it make more sense to go up to a 24 x 36 frame and have it matted instead? if so, do they still have to support the print by dry mounting it?

I am asking becuase I initially just put the print in the frame and gave it as a present, but within a month, the print got all wavy and saggy (humidity I am guessing). I am trying to avoid that this time around.

Are the two options I mentioned above my only choices if I want a 20 x 30 inch print framed?

Thanks in advance

Dave

I always just have the print mounted by the printer

Kodachrome200's gear list:Kodachrome200's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow