If you break the lens, the RX1 doesn't work! Seriously.

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jpatkinson
Regular MemberPosts: 391Gear list
Like?
If you break the lens, the RX1 doesn't work! Seriously.
Dec 20, 2012

Well, I suspect I am one of the first RX1 owners to actually break his RX1. Tonight, after a playground trip and dog walk with my kid, I removed my camera from my neck (I use a neck strap) and it slipped out of my hand, dropping about two feet onto the edge of our glass dining room table. The table is fine. The lens focus ring has a nice dent and wouldn't turn until I forced it -- and it now makes a wonderful ratcheting sound as I move it around. Lovely. I have had this camera for five days (380 exposures), in case anyone is interested.

Now, I get to find out how well my State Farm Personal Articles Policy works. I have had this policy since getting my D100 back in 2003 and have never filed a claim -- gulp.

jpatkinson's gear list:jpatkinson's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +3 more
Nikon D100 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow