Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chester0711
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
70-200mm.....this is a huge lens.....
Dec 20, 2012

I recently purchased a D700.  My plan was that i would grab a 28-70 F2.8, and 70-200mm F2.8 VR, and a 16-35mm 2.8.   This would be my kit so to speak.

I currently hold a 50mm 1.8D which I will never part with and an 85mm 1.8D .

My questions is this.....

The 70-200mm is a huge lens. I just rented one and without a pod it is cumbersome to say the least. Can anybody recommend the same quality glass at a fixed 2.8 that is not as large?  I would sacrifice some  range on the long end for the time being. I need some range though, as this for event photography.  I don't want to sacrifice quality. I was all ready to purchase this lens and realized that it must be a niche lens more than anything.  There is no way it is meant to be lugged around for long periods. I lugged it around the event I was shooting and was a bit shocked.  Beautiful images however, just needed a sherpa for the haul.

So what can I get and not sacrifice speed and quality that will still give me some distance?

-- hide signature --

w

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow