What macro lens is the best?

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Twong
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?
Re: What macro lens is the best?
In reply to kriztian, Dec 20, 2012

kriztian wrote:

Hello, I am thinking of a macro to my K5. I don┬┤t want to buy pentax 105 because I want to spend a little less money. I am thinking of either sigma 70 2.8 or tamron 90 2.8. The build quality seems better for the sigma and it has got exellent reviews but what about the difference in close up photo for example flowers or very small objects? Is it very big?

Merry Christmas to you all

-- hide signature --

kriztian

The Sigma 70mm is a fantastic macro. It is extremely sharp and nice contrast. Construction is top notch. I just picked up a used DFA 100 non WR. It is also a fantastic lens optically It is supposed to have the same optics as the WR version. Construction is not as good as the Sigma. There is enough difference between 70mm and 100mm from the FOV that I am keeping both. I cannot say optically one is better than the other.

Twong's gear list:Twong's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow