Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Poagao
Regular MemberPosts: 483
Like?
Re: Who's getting the Oly 17/1.8?
In reply to Anders W, Dec 20, 2012

Anders W wrote:

Poagao wrote:

I don't need to bother with focus point-changing on the 17, as there's no problem to solve in that respect, whereas with the 20, I would need to take such measures.

I haven't systematically tested the two lenses, and I don't plan to; the difference is obvious in my experience, and I doubt that I would suddenly, for no reason, always be focusing on brighter, contrastier objects when I switched to the 17 from the 20.

OK. Your choice of course. As I said, I have tested it (in comparison with other fast lenses like the 12 and the 45). You didn't.

The ability to lock is up to the camera. The lens has no say about that except as far as light delivery and MTF delivery is concerned. And in those departments, the 20 certainly has no shortcomings relative to the 17.

Ok, you win, I guess. I'm not a lens tester, just a photographer. In fact, I can see no reason why I should be spending time defending a 17mm lens on an online forum. Enjoy your choice, whatever it may be.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow