Started Dec 19, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EHerman
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Looking for "record view" display option on EM-5
Dec 19, 2012

I'm just beginning to sort out the extensive menu options on my less-than-a-week-old EM-5 (or is it the OM-D? someone should rule on this), and have managed to answer a question or two for myself. But I can't find the answer to this one, maybe because there isn't an answer:

When I take a picture using the EVF, the image is displayed (for the 3 seconds or 5 seconds or whatever I've specified in the Setup menu) in the EVF. If I remove the camera from my eye during those 3 or 5 or whatever seconds, it is not displayed on the LCD. And the opposite holds true: on the infrequent occasions I use the LCD for framing, the review image comes up there, but not on the EVF, no matter how quickly I shift from one screen to the other.

What I would like to do is take the picture using the EVF, then remove the camera from my eye and check results on the LCD. Feels very natural to me if I'm not shooting multiple images in succession, which usually I am not. (And I realize, as I write this, that it feels natural because that's how it works on my Olympus E-330 and on my Canon G9 etc., with an optical VF and an LCD review, so that's the way it should work!) But so far, on this seemingly infinitely customizable machine, I've found no way to ask the camera to do this.

Am I (I hope) missing something? Or should I be over in the "wish-list for the EM-6" thread? (I'm not really ready to wish yet; I want to live with this one for a while.)

Ernie

http://www.IdiosyncraticPhotography.com

P.S. Apologies for the labeling of this query: "record view" seems a most awkward term, but that's what it's called in the Setup menu and I can't come up with a more intelligible phrase.

ANSWER:
Canon PowerShot G9 Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow