Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 11,981
Like?
PSP X5 Features Inquiry
Dec 19, 2012

I am trying to become Familiar with (and Learn to use) PSP X5 so I am looking for some of the features that I use in my Older Version of Photoshop. Trying to find the following (or the equivalent functions) within PSP X5.

I have reviewed the User Guide and Help functions and (so far) have not found answers (or solutions) for these items.

** Shadows and Highlights

** Info – Eye Dropper, Color Sampler, Measuring Tool. I know about the Dropper Tool but it seems to NOT have all the mentioned features.

** Select Highlights – Then use Invert to select Shadows. In Photoshop, use keys Ctrl+Alt+~ to select highlights. I use this in Photoshop when I want to apply adjustments only to Shadows. USM and Levels (for Shadows only) are some that I frequently use. Also, selected adjustments for Highlights only.

**Select Color Range– NOT using the Magic Wand. Photoshop has both functions and I seem to get better results when usingSelectColorRange. Hopefully, PSP has “SelectColorRange” and I just haven’t found it.

** Paint Bucket (in Photoshop) seems to be basically the same as Flood Fill in PSP.

** I have many (close to 200) Photoshop Actions I have created that I use frequently. Also, I have several other Actions. Is there any “Known Method” of converting (or Translating) these PS Actions so o be able to use them in PSP X5.

I will appreciate any help regarding these items.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow