Ken Rockwell: Don't buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,376
Like?
Re: Ken Rockwell: Don't buy a midrange zoom. Carry a fixed 50mm instead, like a pro.
In reply to Fazal Majid, Dec 19, 2012

Fazal Majid wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

KR is hardly a troll.

He is not a troll. He is a barker, i.e. a commissioned salesman who uses controversy to drum up page views, which he then converts into affiliate commissions, and makes a *very* comfortable living doing so.

You seem to know a lot about KR and his personal economy. So what if he makes a lot of money? Envious?

I think you have difficulties to find another person on this planet who is more into Nikon than he is and is spending more time with Nikon, spending more money on Nikon gear than KR.

Thom Hogan, for starters. I went back to Canon after reselling my D3 four years ago (I was tempted to switch back for the D800E, but stayed for the 24-70mm f/2.8L II, which is absolutely stellar), but Thom's site is still must-read for me. KR is just guilty pleasure for entertainment value.

OK, that's fine. Diversity is good, even among the bloggers. Personally when I was checking out lenses before I moved to Nikon I must admit I visited KR more than TH because his site is better structured and easier to find stuff in, and also has a better, more pleasing layout. Just my opinion, of course.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow