Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aussiemarco
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Which to buy? Nikon D7000 or Fujifilm XE1
Dec 19, 2012

Hi all! I am in a real dilemma. I've been wanting to upgrade my wonderful, trusty old Nikon D80 for quite a while now, but everything has been too expensive to upgrade to.

I've been wanting to upgrade to the Nikon D7000 ever since it was released back in 2010. My main subject matter is landscapes, the more dramatic the better. Also photographing exhibits in museums where its allowed, so low light macro is high on the list. The low light, high ISO capability of the D7000 is perfect for me. I'm really fussy where IQ is concerned as well.

I've now been looking at the Fujifilm XE1, and it looks like it could be a great upgrade too. As I've just turned 51 (where did those years go?) I'm thinking the smaller, lighter camera will be good for my back in the future as I get older. I have a Canon G11 and I've been carrying that around more than the D80 the last year or so.

(The last few years I've noticed that after a long day of lugging the D80 around, my back is quite sore.)

So, what do people here who have owned the D7000 think? I know the D7000 is much bigger and heavier than the D80, but the IQ will make lugging the big thing around worth it.

How does the D7000 compare to the XE1? Are they similar in IQ and low light, high ISO ability?

Obviously the best option is the buy both, but my budget only just stretches to one of them, not both. And I'll be keeping this purchase for a long time.

Sorry for the long post, and I appreciate any opinions.

Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7000 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow