Can I use Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens with T4i/650D???

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Questions thread
paparios
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?
Re: Can I use Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens with T4i/650D???
In reply to SMSab, Dec 19, 2012

SMSab wrote:

paparios wrote:

SMSab wrote:

paparios wrote:

Not only you can use it in any crop Canon camera, but it is also a very good lens for video (thanks to its 4 stop IS). I have used it handheld with my 7D for video and I was amazed with the results.

Miguel

Hello Miguel

Really thanks for the positive comment, can you please a few of your videos made with Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens on internet? it will be a big help for me and many others.

Thanks.

Well, this was my first handheld attempt with the EF 100L in a poor lighted bar. For the 7D, the 100L acts like a 160mm. The IS helped to avoid hand shaking to a great level.

The video is at http://vimeo.com/32804683

Miguel

Miguel really thanks for sharing this with me, the video is nice and I could see quite a few jerks maybe because it was handheld footage. Do you have any other recordings in day light as well as low light? would really love to see it if you feel like sharing.

Thanks again.

Well, it was my fault, as I (for the first 10 to 20 seconds) was walking to a location where I could film without interfering the vision of people who were seated behind me.

Regarding other recordings, I have some but taken with a Sigma 150-500 OS lens, where either I use a monopod or a tripod.

Miguel

paparios's gear list:paparios's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow