Anyone willing to compare GH3 viewfinders using actual photos?

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zoeff
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
Anyone willing to compare GH3 viewfinders using actual photos?
Dec 19, 2012

I made a post about this in another thread but this way I'll probably get more samples. I'd be very interested to see other GH3 viewfinders, especially from those that claim the edges look fine. If there really is a defect in the first batch of GH3's then I'd quite like to see what exactly the difference is.

We should try to make the setup as similar as possible, as the distance to the EVF affects the amount of distortion you get, just as it varies depending on the distance of your eyes to the EVF.

Mine has a serial number of %WE2KA001071 and shipped on the 6th of December. (You can find this on the box it came from)

The photos below have been made with a GH2 using a Panny 14-140 set at 14mm. The front lens element was literally touching the rubber eyecup. I also own a Panny 25mm, Oly 45mm and Oly 60mm macro. If you don't have the 14-140 superzoom but you do have one of these other lenses then I'll simply make some new shots using the other lens.

A picture in playback mode.

Lens centered.

Moved to the right a little bit.

Moved to the left a little  bit.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow