Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Imthinking
Forum MemberPosts: 89
Like?
Nikon D7000 + 35 F/1.8 --> Sony NEX-6 35 F/1.8 - Size Comparison
Dec 19, 2012

It is interesting that Sony makes the same 16.1 MP sensor that is shared by the Nikon D7000 and the Sony NEX-6. It is especially interesting to me since I decided that I hated lugging the D7000 around, but I loved the sensor.
The Sony NEX-6 to me is basically a mini D7000, with a couple of extra features (like an EVF and a flip out screen) and a few downsides (like dramatically lower battery life, but that's true of all mirrorless cameras). I shoot almost exclusively with a 35 1.8 on my APS-C cameras, since it takes care of almost everything I use my camera for, so I wasn't even interested in the NEX series until this lens was announced. As soon as this lens was announced for the E-Mount I began following the praise of the NEX-7 and the excitement over the 5R and the 6 with much more interest. I began to imagine taking the same awesome photos but in a package that I might actually be motivated to take with me to more places.

I can post some comparison photos taken with the respective cameras, but for now I thought I would post some simple comparison shots of the cameras themselves (taken with my phone) to illustrate what an amazing feat Sony has done to take the exact same sensor and to put it in a much smaller package, with OSS to boot!

Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow