Images from the new Leica M (Type 240)

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,665Gear list
Like?
at least one was taken at ISO 4000
In reply to jffielde, Dec 19, 2012

jffielde wrote:

EXIF viewer for Firefox shows all the EXIF info. All of them were shot at low ISO (320 or less, I think).

the woman on the sofa using a remote control & probably lit from the TV was taken at ISO 4000 according to the EXIF data

these jpgs look pretty good to my eye, but the typ 240 is playing in the big leagues

I suspect it will perform better than the M9 at high ISO, but how well it does at base ISO will be much more important for most users

rarely, given the excellent fast lenses available to the M system, do I need to get into the ISO stratosphere, though there are some folks who might need this more

the photographs available here are teasers, but good to see

the Typ 240's firmware is still in its infancy & I am certain Leica is working furiously to bring it up to snuff, but I have to admit I hope even more they are working on a Typ 241 with a CCD at its heart

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow