Canon BG-E11 Battery Grip Strange Behavior

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jaims
Senior MemberPosts: 2,068Gear list
Like?
Re: Could you plz elaborate...
In reply to hotdog321, Dec 19, 2012

hotdog321 wrote:

I think you are working too hard with your battery maintenance. I've been using two 5DII cameras professionally since 2009, both with battery grips (four batteries total). I only needed to buy two replacement batteries this month!

That's probably a valid point, I might be a bit obsessed with taking care of my batteries...

I usually let them run out of power completely before using the battery charger; even I leave the camera recording video for a while till complete discharge to make sure I've completed the discharging cycle...

I gues that I could just forget all of this and use them in a more normal way. Having to buy new ones when they are exhausted, every few years, must be the normal thing to do...

BTW I bought a second hand 5D (I've bought a 5D3 some months ago and have a 1D3 and a 7D3) which came with 2 batteries that, after having fully charged them, the level indicator goes down to 1 after a few shots. The funny thing is that I was convinced that these batteries weren't properly working anymore due to lack of care of the previous owner. I guess that it's simply that they are old batteries.

Thanks for your insight.

Regards

Jaims's gear list:Jaims's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow