Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
roustabout66
Regular MemberPosts: 467Gear list
Like?
Re: Wet cleaning a d600 with sensor swabs easy as pie
In reply to Robin Casady, Dec 19, 2012

Robin Casady wrote:

roustabout66 wrote:

So is it true that any damage done to the sensor cleaning it myself rather than sending it to Nikon voids the warranty? Has anyone had a claim against a sensor cleaning company for damage and had the claim honored?

Thanks

If you scratched a lens while cleaning it would you expect Nikon to fix it under warranty?

If you used to much lens cleaning liquid and it seeped into the lens would you expect Nikon to fix it under warranty?

In California at least, Nikon could not leagally deny warranty on an unrelated part because you cleaned the AA filter.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for your reply. I suspected as much. Short answer is you scratch it you fix it. Has anyone had a claim against a sensor cleaning company where the company has paid for the damage? I do not have links at the moment but I have read posts here from people who have scratched the filter cleaning the sensor so I wonder if they had any success with the "guarantee". I have simply used a blower in the past and never needed to do a wet cleaning so I'm a little concerned.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow