Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
old_dog
Regular MemberPosts: 354
Like?
Canon G1X Thoughts After Use
Dec 19, 2012

I just took the Canon PowerShot G1X on a vacation and have two complaints about it.

First, the placement of the Video Record Button.  I just deleted about 30 MOV files from the picutres I took over the two weeks.  Please Canon, give us a way to disable to button unless the selector wheel is set to video mode.  The placement right next to the finger pad make it too easy to hit accidently.  I am not into taking videos.

Second, after years of using the viewfinder, I now find that I now have to use the screen to see what I am taking.  I consider the viewfinder on this camer next to worthless since it is, at best, a "guesstimate" of what will actually be taken.  Give us a veiwfind that shows what the camera is actually seeing (ie. TTL).  There are times when looking at the image on the display is useful (low level shots or holding the camera above the head) but most of the time I find it a pain.  I learned on camera with TTL viewfinders and do not like the old style optical viewfinder.

I will say that the G1X is a lot easier to lug around on vacations than my Canon 5D which is the reason I bought it.

Rollin

Canon EOS 5D Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow