How many times have you returned a lens after purchasing, and why?

Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
mbecke
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
Re: How many times have you returned a lens after purchasing, and why?
In reply to paulski66, Dec 19, 2012

paulski66 wrote:

I have twice, and both rather recently:

1) Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 D - bought it used, wasn't thrilled with performance, especially wide open.

2) Tamron 17-35 f/2.8-4 - bought it used; IQ was pretty good, but the build quality was just terrible. I wasn't confident that it would last more than a month or two.

My quest for a good, affordable wide angle for my d600 (to replace my excellent DX Tokina 12-24 f/4) continues...

I have returned two lenses.    The first was the Nikon 18-200 DX VR zoom.    I found it too be adequately sharp, but it lacked contrast and did not produce rich colors for me.   Too many bland photos.

The only other lens I have ever returned was the Nikon 16-85 DX zoom.    It was a decent lens, with good sharpness, rich color rendition and good contrast.    However, it was just too slow to use indoors.    After too many blurry indoor photos, due to subject motion, it got returned.    Also, around that time, I decided no more DX lenses.    I have subsequently been much more satisfied with the quality of FX lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow