Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Keith Schmidt
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,022Gear list
Like?
One month in with the OMD...
Dec 19, 2012

I've had the OM-D for about a month now, and I continue to be impressed by it.  It's a good compromise between the two cameras I previously had (Sony a77 and NEX 5n).  I was happy with both of those cameras, but wanted one camera that could accomplish all of my photography needs, and ideally in a small/light package.  I primarily do family/vacation stuff, some landscapes, and my kids' sports.  Sports is where I run into the most challenge, even with a DSLR.  The lenses get more specific, and of course more expensive.

The OM-D is not great at sports, but its good enough for my needs so far.

I love the OM-D for all the other stuff - it's very good from a metering and color standpoint, the high ISO capabilities are fantastic, and its very fast and responsive to work with.  Love the small size of the lenses too.

So far, my system is composed of the Panasonic 25mm 1.4, Oly 45mm 1.8, the Oly 12-50, and the Oly 14-150 (may only keep one of these last two).

To this point, I've used the 25mm and 45mm for most of my shots - they're both top notch lenses.  Sharp wide open, fast and accurate AF, and produce great images.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions and tips on the camera setup.  Here are a few of my favorites so far with my new system:

Keith Schmidt's gear list:Keith Schmidt's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow