Started Dec 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrPhotoBob
Senior MemberPosts: 2,674
Like?
It pays to know your equipment.
Dec 19, 2012

My friend purchased the HP w2408h monitor a few years ago and after a year or so he decided that he wanted to purchase the all in one computer.  Now this was not a cheap monitor, and I thought that it was a nice monitor from the start.  He was first asking $150 for the monitor and when he could not sell it, he dropped the price down to $100 so I purchased it.  I have used it for about a year and a half, and I had to do all kind of adjustments in order to get it to even print close to what I wanted.  After sitting up late last night, I read on a google search where someone who also owned this monitor discovered that there was a light sensor on this monitor that caused it to adjust its light output compared to the ambient light that was in the room.  Every time that I moved my desk lamp, my monitor would change the brightness of the screen and I was having all kind of fits getting consistent prints.  After downloading the quick start guide to my monitor and reading it, I was able to turn off the light sensor and calibrate my monitor with my Colormunki and now my prints are printing right on.  I having getting consistent prints all night long.  I guess that I should have downloaded the manual and read it before I set the monitor up and I would not have wasted all of that paper trying to get it correctly calibrated.  I am going to place a small piece of black tape over that sensor so that I will not have to worry about it in the future.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow