Which pro photograpy field is the most lucrative?

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Questions thread
KAllen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,743Gear list
Like?
Re: Which pro photograpy field is the most lucrative?
In reply to HKFreelancePhotographer, Dec 19, 2012

HKFreelancePhotographer wrote:

So jobs you simply wouldn't hand over to your nephew with a 5D3 e.g. wedding

I wonder how one go about quoting $7K for an aerial job when normally you charge $1K without fearing of losing the opportunity.

Who said it was one job?

Plus you should not be in fear of losing a job you will not make money on. Difficult I know to walk away but you have too if you want to survive. And it was £ not $.

Plus now I'm having to put up over £1k just to get in the air, so I should expect a reasonable return when gambling with that kind of money. Aviation is not like shooting a wedding where you have just invested in camera gear and time. I'm betting over a £1k each time I can do the job. Air traffic control, Police, a change in the weather can make it impossible after you have got into the air and despite all clearances weather checks being made beforehand. Getting it right on all accounts is the difference between surviving or not, you can't wait half an hour in the air for a cloud to move off your site but no one wants a picture of their site in cloud and everything else bathed in Sunshine.

That has to be taken into account when quoting, you can not assume anything with aviation.

I had one job this summer that took three attempts to get to, from take off to the site atc changed their mind twice about letting me into the area, not my fault but it was my bill to pay.

Kevin.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow