Started Dec 19, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MercurySoft1
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,754Gear list
Like?
I'm having printing nightmares...
Dec 19, 2012

I have a HP Photosmart 6510 Series printer.  This is my 3rd printer in about the same number of years.  I hate it.  Most of the time it won't print from one tray or another and it is a big hassle to go and manually switch it to the main tray or photo tray, it never seems to be on the right tray.  Now it is saying it is going to print in 600dpi (why?  the file was saved at 300 dpi).  I don't care I'd be glad if it would print at any size it wants, if only it would print.

Now, it won't print in color.  Well it's in color but no colors naturally known to man. My grandson is green, the blacks in the photo are lavendar, the whites are bright green, and whites are black.  It seems to be printing a color negative.  But, why?  And what can I do to fix it?

If I try to print in b&w, the photo is Yellow and white.

I've only had HP printers.  My first printer is still in my closet.  I never had one ounce of problems with it but as printers got faster and faster, I realized waiting for 5 minutes for an 8x10 was not good.   I also have the HP combo  Fax/Scanner/Printer   That's a HP 306c.

Please help me! Before I give up and go buy another printer that makes me mad!

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow