Nex 7 with Voigtlander 12mm 5.6 =

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
DAndison
Regular MemberPosts: 260Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex 7 with Voigtlander 12mm 5.6 =
In reply to Phil, Dec 19, 2012

Phil wrote:

Nice photo with the 12mm. Dont see much from this lens so glad to hear its working well for you. Just curious, are all 93 photos in the link you provided from this combo?

Cheers Phil.

There are only the two shots there that were taken with the Nex 7 and Voigtlander 12mm lens.

The majority of the others were taken with the Nex 7 & 55-210mm & Sigma 19mm. The only ones that aren't are the sunset images and studio shots of the Baubles. These were taken with a Canon 5Dmkii.

For those interested in the 12mm Voigtlander lens for landscapes and wondered about that fixed metal hood (on the new bayonet fitting lens), it is easy to use it with Lee filter system.

I created an adapter by taking a UV 67mm filter and removing the glass and then add to this a step up ring from 67mm to 77mm. This takes the filters clear of the hood. This matches diameter of the Lee Filter wide angle adapter that I already use. If you don't use 77mm at present, just get a step up ring that matches your current system.

The wide angle adapter from Lee is important as it does prevent it from vignetting. With the above setup, I can use my slot ND Grads at 12mm with no vignetting at all. I am happy enough with the ease of use and quality to retire the 5d mkii and 17-40L from mountain duties.... and most other times to be fair. Can't see any reason why not to use the Nex 7 for wide angle use now.

For me, this is another step away from being reliant on a heavy DSLR system.

The most important thing to me is lenses and not the bodies, your images will see minimal difference between using a kit lens on a Nex 6 and a Nex 7. Instead of chopping around with bodies, I have ordered and just received the 24mm 1.8 and the the 35mm 1.8. If I don't find I am using the canon lenses on the nex via the metabones adapter, they will be sold.

Anyway, hope this is a bit helpful to those looking at wide angle options as I was not able to find much about using this lens with a Lee Filter system.

DAndison's gear list:DAndison's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow