Looking for a light weight Ball Head for Gitzo GT1542T Series 1 Traveler 6x Carbon Fiber Tripod

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Digitalshooter2
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?
Re: Looking for a light weight Ball Head for Gitzo GT1542T Series 1 Traveler 6x Carbon Fiber Tripod
In reply to mosswings, Dec 19, 2012

mosswings wrote:

Russell Evans wrote:

mosswings wrote:

However, the speed loss from having to loosen and tighten the clamp knob in a screw type mount clamp is much less than the delay that comes from fiddling and realigning your ballhead.

You only loosen a QR clamp about a quarter to half turn and slide out the QR plate. If you are loosening the QR clamp to come out the top, you are doing it wrong.

Thank you
Russell

Quite true. Don't forget to depress the safety pin...it's a little bit more fussy than the lever clamp, not much. And you have the advantage that the knob clamp requires that extra movement of depressing the lever to fully release the plate...thus preventing the camera from crashing to the group accidentally.

Excellent info from both Russell and mosswings.  I would definitely get the L-plate for may camera.

For my 100-400mm L lens I would need the lens collar plate.  I need to check if it rotates for portrait orientation.

I loved the idea of adding other bracket for flash too.  But that has to wait.  All this stuff is very expensive

-- hide signature --

2ShootDigital

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow