Tokina 11-16mm or Nikon 10-24mm

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
westerner
Contributing MemberPosts: 845Gear list
Like?
Re: Tokina 11-16mm or Nikon 10-24mm
In reply to SwissMissy, Dec 19, 2012

I love my Tokina 11-16 and would have a tough time being without it...it's pretty much my favorite lens to use. I love the option of f2.8 shooting personally. Second shot below was handheld and having f2.8 available helped the shot turn out as well as it did.

I am positive that the Nikon is a great performer as well, but I already have a chunk of change in Nikon f2.8 lenses (24-70 and 70-200 VRII) and just cannot justify the extra expenditure for a specialty lens. If you know the limitations of your lens, and this applies to any lens, then you can get decent results from it.

Doubletree Inn SLC Utah - Atrium

Atrium from the 9th floor. A tad soft due to the slow shutter (handheld), but pick your poison - motion blur or noise. I opted for the best balance I could between the two.

Went to see the Christmas lights in SLC and took a few shots at the Mormon temple grounds.

Lots of people enjoying the decorated grounds.

Ultra-wides are really a joy to use.

K.B.

westerner's gear list:westerner's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow