Sandy Hook School.......Connecticut What can we say..........................

Started Dec 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Saleen1999
Contributing MemberPosts: 762Gear list
Like?
Re: Sandy Hook School.......Connecticut What can we say..........................
In reply to giraffe, Dec 19, 2012

giraffe wrote:

Saleen1999 wrote:

Bert,

To answer your statement about not knowing how do those parents get on with their lives, the answer to that is life goes on and you have no choice but to move on. I lost my very first child on his due date and didn't know it until I went to the hospital. I never got to hear his first cry. Instead, I heard silence and I felt like the world stopped. I can't speak for our dear forum member, Jack Sofield and his feelings about moving on after he lost his son but to put it bluntly and I can say this because it has been 26 years for me that it was all a blur for about 6 mos and then my life moved on at full throttle. But what got me thorugh all these years was knowing that one day I will be reunited with my son and that has kept me going. Also I, forgave the doctor whom I blame for his death. For me, forgiveness is the key to everything in moving forward.

You never forget, you just learn to deal with it. Gloria Vanderbilt said something similar to that statement when asked about losing her first son and she is so right.

-- hide signature --

Melissa aka mustang_fan

Melissa, your story and my (my wifes and I story are very similiar). My wife and I also lost our 1st born son. It was over 30 years ago. We also blame the doctor as my wife was 3 weeks overdue and they finally took her into the hospital to induce her. Unfortunately, sometime during the night the baby turned and strangled himself with the umbilical cord. Our world stopped as well at that time but life does continue. Now we have 2 beautiful daughters and 5 beautiful grandchildren.

-- hide signature --

Bert D

Bert,

I am so sorry to hear of you and your wife's loss. We are two people that know what it feels like to lose an unborn baby at full-term. I miss him so much (We named him Wesley Edward. Named for my grandfather and my husband at the time. I know have three more children with one getting married next year and the other is 19. I also have two young chidren school aged.

Melissa

-- hide signature --

Melissa aka mustang_fan

Saleen1999's gear list:Saleen1999's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
pdqgp MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow