if you had...

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
TimR32225
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,051Gear list
Like?
If you decide on a 24-105L ...
In reply to Suave, Dec 19, 2012

If you decide to purchase a 24-105L  (which Canon sells for $1,149) you can get a brand new one for around $850 from several Canon dealers on ebay instead.   I just purchased one myself a couple weeks ago for $855.  The same seller has it now for $848.75, and it is an authorized Canon dealer with 100% positive feedback on almost 21,000 transactions.   This is the second time I have purchased from this same dealer and I would highly recommend them. They also offer FREE shipping.   The eBay store is PMI digital and their brick and mortar store is Profeel.  You will receive a normal invoice and a Canon USA warranty card from them, in case you ever need service.

What camera you purchase is entirely up to you, based on whether you prefer to get the right camera now or purchase either used, or a lower model to save funds.  I personally would not go lower than 50d or 60d, because the Rebel series does not have the dial on the back of the camera, so you are forced to navigate through menu hell to change some of the settings.

You may want to consider a refurb body from the Canon store.  They have good prices and offer a warranty.

Good Luck...

TimR32225's gear list:TimR32225's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow