Nikon service and "Impact Damage"

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
OldDigiman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,936Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon service and "Impact Damage"
In reply to Epic Light, Dec 19, 2012

Epic Light wrote:

Exactly, people may bitch and whine about their precious idols not being covered under warranty repair, but over 35 years every repair I've sent their way has gone fine, paid or under warranty. Frankly my only concern is getting it done right with the first repair. I feel Nikon does a fine job at that, bottomline as complex as these systems are it is far more likely user error/stupidity is at fault, rather than some master conspiracy of Nikon USA.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.  But check out what Roger Cicala at lensrentals.com has to say about Nikon service compared to the other players.  Lensrentals needs lots of gear service each year, so they have enough data point to make non-anecdotal assessments.  The numbers are damning.

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/09/lensrentals-repair-data-january-july-2012

Someone at Nikon obviously has made the decision to cut costs at the expense of customer service and the good name of the company.  I remember the days whenNikon  proudly stood behind its products, those days are gone.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow