Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
narddogg81
Contributing MemberPosts: 984
Like?
Wet cleaning a d600 with sensor swabs easy as pie
Dec 18, 2012

Like many others, I have had some spots show up on my sensor in the first several thousand shots on my d600.  Most dust would blow right off, but there were a few persistent blotches.  I went ahead and got a sensor brush that you charge with static, and that removed everything except for 2 smears.  Im guessing 2 of the spots were actually oil or lubricant, because they turned into horizontal lines after the sensor brush.

So instead of flipping out and writing a hysterical post on here, i got some sensor swabs and eclipse for full frame, did 1 pass with 3 drops of solution, and have a perfectly pristine sensor once again.

if you have a dirty sensor, just get the swabs.  they are something you will need anyway for pretty much any dslr, becasue dust and other things on the sensor are normal.  It took me 30 seconds the clean it, and its pretty much fool proof.  now i can clean my sensor 12 more times, and the swabs cost about $30.  My local shop charges $85 a pop to clean a sensor.

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow