Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zarniwoop1985
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
The Magic of the RX1
Dec 18, 2012

We had a Christmas Party at work last week. It was in a darkish hall and I took my RX1 along with me. It was the first time I'd taken it out amongst a group of people. All the cameras I've owned (Fuji X100, XPro1, Canon 5D MKII, Panasonic M4/3) etc have always been 'noticed'. i.e. people have always asked me questions about them. They've always been interested in my cameras.

So, imagine my shock when at the party nobody noticed the RX1. Nobody, not a single person asked me a question about it. There was another bloke there who has an SLR with a flash and he was all over the place taking photo's - and everybody was posing for him.

But nobody noticed me. Nobody took me or my camera seriously. I was not a professional. Not with a small camera which didn't even have a viewfinder!

I so desperately, at one moment, wanted people to notice it. Yet that is the whole point is it not? For it NOT to be noticed?

Funny that. You buy an expensive camera because you don't want to be noticed, and when nobody notices you, you miss the attention...

Anyway, on monday I brought the images into work and showed them to everybody - so did the other guy with the big SLR.

My pictures were better.

Everyone was surprised. How was that possible?

The magic of the RX1.

Size is not everything...

Zarniwoop1985's gear list:Zarniwoop1985's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 +18 more
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow