Which rocket blower and cleaning solution?

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Simon Devlin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,228
Like?
Which rocket blower and cleaning solution?
Dec 18, 2012

Only a few weeks after getting my K-30 I noticed a hair/fibre in photographs. I have learnt not to change lens inside a dusty bedroom and always have the camera body pointing down (although I know dust can travel upwards with heat convections).

I also noticed two spots in the viewfinder but as these don't come out in photos they must be on the mirror.

Well I didn't have a blower and used a bicycle pump ( I know NOT GOOD ) to blow the fibre of the sensor but I'llnever do this again and I need to buy a good blower.

What about the Giottos Rocket blower?

For lens cleaning I heard lens tissues aren't recommended and I am using a Hama microfibre cloth.

I also have a little bottle of TV LCD cleaner but I haven't used this in conjunction with the microfibre in fear of it dissolving the lens coating or something drastic. Recommendations for liquid cleaner please!

Simon

Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow