Micro 4/3 and te two kit lenses for long term use.

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Questions thread
thomasw333
Regular MemberPosts: 420Gear list
Like?
Re: Micro 4/3 and te two kit lenses for long term use.
In reply to CkBernie, Dec 18, 2012

CkBernie wrote:

Kokeen4231 wrote:

That is pretty good but if you have a little more cash to spare, you could drop the 14 42 and get the 12 to 50mm. Gives you more wide angle which might come in handy.

Another thing is what would you be shooting mainly? For street shots, the kit lens would cover the range but of course prime lens delivers more quality. Its up to your expectations.

For me, I would want to have a mid range prime for quality street shots and a telephoto for further reach at times. However, in the long term, I would end up needing another lens for wide angle when the time calls. So do you see your self getting a third lens if you somehow or rather feel the first 2 is not enough? If you feel you might just get a third lens in the future, then I would reccomend this way.

Hi,

In my opinion, if you don't see yourself getting a third lens, don't buy a interchangeable camera. Super zoom compact will do the job.

-- hide signature --

CkBernie

My question is more hypothetical for poorer people who do not have the money now, but could themselves using the format for years, and over the years getting more kit. Also I have a super zoom and feel the pictures are not that good, bigger sensor better lenses can make better pictures. I would love it if 10 years from now I am having an XMAS party in my home and my good friends the "Johnsons," give a fancy lens I didn't already have (lens collection now at 21), since I had gotten them a rare book on a trip I took. All hypothetical.

I don't want to be the chump with the two crap lenses who can't take good pics. I look at things from a technology POV. "O you got a new laptop with 2GB of RAM, yeah it will work, why didn't you ask me before you bought one?" I go through this with people often.

thomasw333's gear list:thomasw333's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow