Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
liquid stereo
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,043Gear list
Like?
related
In reply to Amateur Sony Shooter, Dec 18, 2012

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

liquid stereo wrote:

Hopefully they will think about the line-up a bit more carefully and make the focal length range a bit more limited. I don't know if it will improve the bokeh but losing 30mm on the wide end is not a big deal. Heck, 150-400 would be good. It could be good competition for Canon's upcoming 200-400/4.

I actually think having 70mm at wide end is a very good feature. It makes it very versitile in nature photography application. You can use it for landscape, even outdoor portraiture in a pintch. Other than making it white colour faster SSM and weather sealed, the only thing Sony need to improve on it is the quality of bokeh. Hopefully not at the expense of sharpness.

I think the poor bokeh is related to zoom range, lens complexity and the number of elements. And the 70-300 SSM G is quite good. It just seems like useless duplication to me. Especially as the Sony lens catalog is not that diverse -  broad and deep.

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow