ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davemsc
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
Framing a 20 x 30" print.
Dec 18, 2012

Hey all,

Looking for some help here.  I have a 20 x 30 inch print that I want to frame.  I bought a 20X30 inch frame and the local framing place told me the best option is to dry mount it.  I know nothing about this so I said sure.  They put a nice crease right through the print....

They said they would redo it for me at no extra charge and will reimburse me the cost of a new print (the pic is mine, so it is easy to get reprinted).  However I am leery now of the same thing happening.

Would it make more sense to go up to a 24 x 36 frame and have it matted instead?  if so, do they still have to support the print by dry mounting it?

I am asking becuase I initially just put the print in the frame and gave it as a present, but within a month, the print got all wavy and saggy (humidity I am guessing).  I am trying to avoid that this time around.

Are the two options I mentioned above my only choices if I want a 20 x 30 inch print framed?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow