ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,913
Like?
It can be done with a K-01.
Dec 18, 2012

Hi folks,

This is just another of my "grins and giggles" threads folks.

I wondered if I could handhold my Sigma 500mm f4.5 plus a K-01 with a cheapo LCD Viewfinder loupe attached. I stepped outside and took a quick 50 or so pics. It appeard to me that about 45 of them were spot on focus. BTW: This is very hard to handhold and I do not recommend it to anyone. However, it did show me that if I were shooting at waterbirds, or any birds for that matter, but not birds in flight, or any other animals, and I was on a tripod, then this K-01 plus a long lens is fantastic for autofocusing or manual focusing. FWIW: I bought two black and one white K-01 cameras and I just might buy the danged ugly yellow one also. I will give one of my black ones to a nephew.

BTW: Handholding the Sigma 50-500mm APO OS HSM (Bigma) is very easy as compared to the above.

Dang! Experimenting with this K-01 brick is sooooooo much fun.

I guess I should show one of the images to make the thread more real.

My standard fire hydrant shot cropped a bit on the left side. Did my standard post processing.

There, now wasn't that fun folks?

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow