With new lens in camera correction and old nex incompatiblity are Sony killing their system?

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
flangad
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: With new lens in camera correction and old nex incompatiblity are Sony killing their system?
In reply to pastie, Dec 18, 2012

pastie wrote:

Maybe I'm just cynical or slighly gutted as I like my nex 5n , quite fancied a 16-50mm and wasn't really planning on upgrading it. Now I'm even considering another manufacturer, before I spend any more money on Nex.

I think the 16-50 should not be considered as an upgrade for existing NEX users.

Maybe you dream for smaller lens (but as i just wrote, this is not suprising this would force you to accept some compromise), but you already bought a NEX. this mean the existing lense size is probably acceptable for you.

I think the 16-50PZ is aimed at bring to NEX some customers that would not have bought a NEX with the former "big" lenses, like me. The ones for who the 18-55mm size is just totaly unaceptable, because your camera would not fit in a (even big) pocket. those customer would more easily accept an "unperfect" image quality, as long as the result remain better than with a small sensor compact camera, even not on par with the best APS-C competitors.

flangad's gear list:flangad's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow