costco printing

Started Dec 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,921Gear list
Like?
Re: costco printing
In reply to phat dinh, Dec 18, 2012

phat dinh wrote:

my images look great in cs6 but when printing at a local costco..the prints have a brown tint to them...help please

That's the reason why i invested in a high quality home printer, the prints you get at Costco and pretty much everywhere else such as Wallmart, Wallgreens etc, SUCK!  The printing machines they have are very capable of printing out very nice photos but they just dont' set those printers to a HIGH QUALITY output because they don't care about quality, even if you ask them to, they won't change the machine settings, period.  You get what you get and you don't get upset!

Those stores are only producing QUANTITY and not quality prints so that they save money and not waste it on ink and paper, and us customers don't matter to them anymore.  A couple of years ago my dad was in charge of printing in a "high quality" photo lab store and his boss would actually get upset at him because he would phisically adjust the printer settings for a high quality output so that customers would be happy, but his boss would tell him to stop doing that and set the printer at a lower quality printing output.

If you want good prints you have to find a different and more expensive place, OR buy a photo printer.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow