ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fsanty
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Lumix FZ35 vs EOS 350D
Dec 18, 2012

Hey guys,

Here I am again with a question regarding the possible purchase of a secondhand Canon EOS 350D.

I am really happy about the image quality of of the Lumix fz38 in full day light, but I have to admit that I am frustrated about the depth of field possibilities (a short depth of field requires me to stay very close of my subject, which does not give me great results for portraits), as well as the low light performance (noise increases pretty quick with the ISO sensibility).

For the depth of field, I do understand i would have to buy an extra lens. My question is more about the sensor sensibility. Will I see a big difference between the Canon CMOS combined (with the Digic2 processor) and the Lumix CCD sensor (with the Venus Engine V processor)?

I don't really care about the extra 4 Mpixels delivered by the lumix, and I'm not really into movie, so I don't care if the 350D does not produces 720p movies.

Another thing, what about the "evolutivity" of the 350D? I hear sometimes (at least for the Nikon DSLR) that some lenses (different brand than Nikon) would require a manual focus. What about the 350D? I do want to keep autofocus with as many lenses as possible.

Would you see a big drawback to the purchase of a 350D in terms of performances? It would be my first DSLR, though I've already played a lot with the manual settings of my Lumix, I shoot in RAW, and I am really interested in learning lots of new techniques. In short, I don't want to buy a DSLR which will quickly demonstrate lots of weaknesses.

So guys, what's your opinion on this?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS Kiss Digital N)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow